CEDIA Expo to Include Over 150 Sessions on New Markets and Emerging Trends
CEDIA Expo says it will provide a reinvigorated educational programming for the 2022 show. The expo will feature over 150 sessions, including the CEDIA Expo Conference, manufacturer product trainings, and show floor stage sessions.
Curated by CEDIA, the global membership association for the home technology industry, CEDIA Expo Conference will feature many brand-new sessions, including all-new wellness track and lighting tracks. The program includes the return of “Ask the Experts”, a popular open forum session, and a Spanish-language track. This year’s expo includes the debut of the CEDIA Advocacy Town Hall, a free session about the legislative and regulatory issues facing the home technology industry.
“A key component to CEDIA Expo is the professional development and education available at the event for attendees,” said Jason McGraw, CTS, group vice president for CEDIA Expo and KBIS, Emerald. “Together, the conference programming and the exhibit floor offer a unique value for attendees by providing the opportunity to educate and grow. Attendees can go forth and apply the knowledge as they discover new technologies on the exhibit floor. This year’s CEDIA Expo Conference program, which CEDIA curates, will feature events for everyone.”
“CEDIA Expo is our industry’s best peer-to-peer learning opportunity,” added Amanda Beckner, CTS, vice president of education and training for CEDIA. “Attendees will learn directly from presenters and exhibitors, but you’ll also learn a great deal from the way their peers react – to both sessions and booths. There truly is no substitute for this kind of in-person experience.”
The conference is aiming to bring “world-class advocacy, connection, and education to the home technology community through formal training and professional advancement, advocacy activations, and insightful speakers on emerging trends”.
The conference program includes a diverse mix of formats, including seminars, panels, and interactive half-day workshops. Highlights include:
- A free keynote presentation where Greg Durkin, founder and CEO of Guts+Data, will kick off the conference with a deep dive into entertainment technology and content. Durkin will discuss the implications of the fragmented content landscape for the connected home experience and the invaluable opportunities for integrators in the fast-evolving digital media landscape.
- The all-new wellness track explores the design, verification, and customer positioning of wellness technology solutions; meanwhile, the all-new lighting track focuses on one of the fastest-growing solutions areas in the industry.
- The organization’s first-ever Advocacy Town Hall, free and open to all dxpo attendees, will explore advancing the smart home technology industry and fighting for its governmental rights.
- Industry-leading manufacturers—including Crestron, Legrand, and Sound United—will present hands-on training, new product information, and live questionnaires on the latest technology during manufacturer product training (MPT) courses.
- An end-to-end CEDIA certification pathway, including the ANSI-accredited CIT and IST certifications, with preparation sessions, onsite testing, and tools to leverage certification.
Individuals interested in attending CEDIA Expo 2022 from Sept. 29 – Oct. 1, in Dallas, TX, can register online. Non-members should register before July 29 to receive Super Saver prices for show floor and training passes.
To stay up-to-date with the latest show news, visit our CEDIA Expo 2022 hub.